A Heavy Truck Route is Planned for Our Area.
August 23, 2021
Milton Town Council unanimously
passes the motion to oppose
the inclusion of Milburough Line
in the truck route master plan
“THAT Council objects to the use of Milburough Line between Derry Road and 11th Concession East as a designated truck route; AND THAT a copy of DS-066-21 entitled City of Hamilton Truck Master Plan be forwarded to the City of Hamilton and the Region of Halton.”
Click to read the full Report.
Click to read summary of RORR presentation to Milton Councillors.
Click to read Community Email Updates.
Milton Town Council Comments
Mayor Krantz: “this isn’t going anywhere. I’m pretty familiar with the terrain out there . . . it just doesn’t make any sense . . . and the multi-millions of dollars it would take to put a truck bypass through there doesn’t make any sense to me whatsoever economically or otherwise.”
Councellor Colin Best: the proposed route “makes no sense.”
“If you’re trying to bring large trucks in this area, both on Derry (Road) and Milburough Line, you’re just waiting for a disaster,” he said, adding that there’ll be a similar report going to the region because “regional staff are in the same position.”
Our Community Actions to Date
- Flyer & door-to-door outreach to advise residents of heavy truck route proposal
- Concerned residents join email list en masse to organize efforts
- Website community hub created for the latest information
- Respect Our Rural Roads (RORR) Steering Committee formation – 13 residents volunteer to facilitate community response
- Letter of Opposition template distributed to all residents (Click Here)
- Outreach to Hamilton and Milton Councillors and Transportation Planning Dept.
- Article in the Flamborough Review (Click Here)
- Cyclist outreach over 3 weeks with signs and flyers along Milburough Line
- Children’s drawings delivered to City of Hamilton Transportation Dept. (Click Here)
- Area residents send over 150 emails/letters of opposition to the City of Hamilton and Milton
- Milton Town Council Meeting – RORR prepares presentation and sends delegate to speak for the community (Click Here)